All shipping is charged at cost.
|Title:||100 Years In Pitt Street|
|Author(s):||HAMES, Rev. E W|
|Category:||New Zealand - History|
|New / Used:||Used|
|Book Type:||Small Hardcover|
|Published By:||Pitt Street Methodist Church Trustees|
Excellent original condition, light wear and fading on dust jacket spine, otherwise pages unmarked and as new. Images depict all need to know detail.
History of the Pitt Street Methodist Church, the mother church of Auckland Methodism.
The first Methodist service in Auckland was conducted by Rev. James Buller in 1841, in a saw-pit. The year following, the Governor granted an acre of land in High Street where, in 1843, a weatherboard chapel was erected, the first Methodist chapel in any European settlement in New Zealand. This was replaced by a brick building in 1848, due to the growth of Auckland the Pitt Street Methodist Church was opened for worship in 1866.
Illustrated throughout with b&w images, decorated end papers.